I’m Colin Brewer. I specialise in designing and building elegant websites and applications that are meticulous, humane, playful, and easy to use.
Wherever possible, I’ll design in-browser with code to allow for a greater understanding of interactivity and flexibility across all browser types and screen sizes – from smart phone and tablets to large desktops. Working either freelance, as part of a start-up, or as part of a larger design agency, I have been involved in projects ranging from small, independent clients to multi-national corporations.
My spare time is spent experimenting with personal design projects and drawing and painting whenever possible.
What I do
- Web and Application Design
- Front-end Development (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery)
- UI Design
- Logo Design & Brand Development
- A passion for exploring and solving complex problems through design
- A diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail as well as excellent use of typography, colour, and imagery
- Familiarity with the nuances of designing for multiple platforms and devices
- The ability to learn quickly and give, seek and receive thoughtful critical feedback
- Interest in design research and usability studies
- Experience working effectively in small teams as well as autonomously
- Experience in prototyping with design tools and code